The Institute for Sensible Transport were engaged by a group of Melbourne metropolitan councils to analyse data on city transport patterns and trends to produce an authoritative set of recommendations focused on improving the sustainability of Melbourne’s transport system.
Analysing the latest available data, our team were able to develop a concise, readable brochure on Melbourne’s transport challenges and recommendations for improvement.
Project deliverables included:
- Developing a picture of sustainable transport in the context of major planning documents, such as Melbourne 2030
- Providing an analysis of Melbourne transport and traffic patterns
- Producing a summary of transport, greenhouse gas emissions and climate change
- Outlining an assessment of vehicle emissions and new technology
- Reporting on the economic impacts of congestion.
The report provided the factual data councils required in order to advocate for a greater investment in sustainable transport infrastructure.