The construction of the Bennelong Bridge linking Wentworth Point and Rhodes opens the way for the creation of a new walking and cycling circuit around Homebush Bay, Sydney. We led an international consortium to prepare the Homebush Bay Wayfinding Strategy and Masterplan which was commissioned by the City of Canada Bay, Sydney Olympic Park and the City of Parramatta. This work was funded by the NSW Government.
The Wayfinding Strategy and Masterplan can be found here.
This project involved:
- Analysis of existing infrastructure and links to the surrounding walking, cycling and public transport network.
- Community consultation to determine current attributes of the area and what people think would make the Circuit even better.
- Crash Stats analysis to determine high risk ‘black spots’
- Detailed inventory of required wayfinding signage
- Place making features
- Bicycle infrastructure upgrades and street re-designs based on Complete Streets principles
- Digital innovations to provide customised information to users.