In partnership with Jonathan Daly of the Change Collective, as well as CrowdSpot and Safe System Solutions, we are preparing the new Bike Plan for the City of Parramatta. Parramatta is one of Australia’s fastest growing regions and functions as Sydney’s second CBD. The city is currently undergoing a rapid transformation and this Bike Plan will be designed to enhance Parramatta’s position as a desirable destination, to live and work.
Due for completion in March 2017, our deliverables for this Bike Plan include:
- Desktop analysis of relevant Commonwealth, NSW and local government policy related to cycling.
- Assessment of current travel behaviour and crash data.
- Detailed assessment of current bicycle infrastructure including a five day ‘saddle survey’ using a customised GIS based App for bicycle infrastructure auditing.
- Development of Australia’s first Bike Use Propensity Index; a geospatial analysis of how propensity to cycle differs within each small area that makes up the City of Parramatta.
- Audit of bicycle parking and wayfinding options.
- Development of a proposed bicycle network designed to increase the appeal of cycling in Parramatta.
- Benefit cost analysis for proposed bicycle infrastructure routes.
- Analysis of potential funding mechanisms for bicycle infrastructure delivery.
Contact us for more information on this project.