In partnership with GTA Traffic and Transport Consultants, the Institute for Sensible Transport provided expert advice to the NSW Government on the benefits of combining cycling with the public transport system. The report included practical recommendations to achieve a seamless connection between cycling and this $12 billion proposed rail corridor in the north west region of Sydney.
- A summary of the economic benefits of cycling
- An overview of the health, environmental and liveability benefits of cycling, in combination with public transport
- An analysis of international best practice on bicycle and public transport integration
- A quantification of the increase in catchment area achieved through the integration of cycling with a rail corridor
- Bicycle infrastructure opportunities to link communities with train stations
- Bicycle parking at train stations
- Carrying bicycles on public transport.